c

Saturday, December 31, 2005

El elefante

My Christmas pressie to myself was a little screenprinting kit. I took it out yesterday to create a little baby shower gift for a friend who loves all types of animals! I really love giving special people gifts that are handmade and personalised. In my new crafty inspired state, this has been lots of fun.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The elephant stencil on these little suits was inspired by some vintage baby blocks on Hillary's site a few months ago (I can't find the original post - poo). I filed the photo away because I loved the simplicity of the design. I'll try my hand at designing my own stencils at some stage - maybe even with more than one colour - but don't have a lot of confidence in my creative abilities! I'm seeing inspiration in all kinds of places though - wrapping paper, childrens books, symbols on kitchen appliances - "I could stencil that!"

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:03 pm, Blogger Di said...

they look great- I'm sure your friend with love these. It's fun to go hunting around for inspiration in different places.

 
At 3:40 pm, Anonymous Bel said...

Your friend DOES love these! So very very sweet. And the kind of gift that will be kep long after baby is too big to fit anymore.

Love you!

 
At 2:59 am, Blogger eireann said...

that elephant is so! sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home