c

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New year, new you

I had such a lovely week of Christmas and New Year - catching up with friends from far and wide, sitting in the sun, reading my new books, eating and eating and eating lots of yummy fresh food, watching brilliant fireworks, seeing family, doing outside things.... now it's back to work and the weather is back to grey and it all seems so ordinary again. I should have written this post days ago while I was still relaxed and inspired!

Anyway.... I do have some things I want to do this year. I have already started with resolution one - keep in touch with people better and mark special occasions. I've bought all the cards I need for January (sub-resolution is to make some of these cards so as not to send myself bankrupt) and spoken to a surprised cousin on his birthday (pleasantly surprised to hear from me I think!).

Other aspirations include spending more time with family, and saying no more often to things that will mess with this. Trying to keep up this blog regularly is a goal for the year - and not just for fun but also to be more reflective about life. I'd like to do more crafty things like more knitting, trying my hand at a quilt, making gifts for people, maybe even participating in swaps and -alongs!

Patience is also a virtue that I feel I will need to practise in 2006. I hope I can relax a bit and take things as they come. I need to slow down and appreciate the small and wonderful things in life. Please remind me of this if you think I'm forgetting as I rush through 2006 :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:27 pm, Blogger danchong said...

Hi Jill, this is Daniel from netcf2. I notice from the HTML that you're not subscribed to the site feed. To include your blog in Blogger Search, you have to enable the "site feed" feature (which is enabled by default). Go to Settings-> Site Feed, and select Yes for "Publish Site Feed". Hope this helps.

 
At 3:50 pm, Blogger danchong said...

One more thing: enabling "Notify Weblogs.com" should also help.

 
At 4:37 pm, Blogger Jill said...

Thanks Dan! I've done this but it might take a while for my pages to be indexed I guess. Will keep you posted :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home