c

Sunday, May 28, 2006

home is where your cat is


After being away for so long, I am suffering from a bit of blog-block so you'll have to forgive me if I waffle on a bit with not very interesting things. Life is busy as usual, but with everyday kind of stuff. Now that I think about it, I have missed blogging some bits and pieces and, as my profile puts it over there, taking the bloggy opportunity to reflect on the joy in ordinary life.

I really do feel a bit uninteresting sometimes lately. I tend to be quite unsure of choices I make and I look to others for affirmation. I imagine myself into other peoples heads and think up opinions on their behalf, then worry about what I think they are thinking of me!

Home and weekends are so good. When I am here with my fella and my kitten I feel so calm and content. There are good times ahead for our little human-feline family with a new house and neighbourhood, closer to friends and family and lots of space to create, grow and live!

These few weeks have been very up and down - characterised by busy and eventful work, lost then found cat, good family times, a wayward car, new life, tough times for friends, cold weather, lots of wood fires, exhaustion, nice hugs, junk food and cups of tea.

And sock knitting! I really have to leave this here as I am aiming to have sock II finished tonight. I have about one centimetre of foot to go then just the toe as the finale! I haven't received any socks in the mail yet and it would be so great to send mine off before they arrived. I'm so bad with deadlines. More on the process later when I bring you the finished product....

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:51 am, Anonymous Bel said...

Hey ho Beans,
I constantly question my decisions too... But remember our most harsh critic is ourselves.

Trust yourself- only you can know what is right for you at this time, in this place.

I love you, and miss you terribly! (hope you got your sock finished!)

((((Beans))))

Love, Hugs and open-mouthed baby kisses
Belsie and Maddie
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home