c

Thursday, June 08, 2006

100 things

I have seen this '100 things about me' on other blogs... in the interests of sharing a bit more of myself and generally being reflective about life I thought I might give it a go. It might take me a few days to get up to 100 though!

1. I'm 28 years old.
2. I always have to think about it for a second when someone asks me how old I am.
3. I've lived in Tasmania all my life and don't think I'll ever live anywhere else.
4. I love new stationery.
5. I've just started wearing contact lenses and I'm suprised how easy it's been to stick my fingers in my eyes every day.
6. Roast lamb is my favourite home-cooked meal, I think. With lots of vegies.
7. I had a really good Mee Goreng at the Vegie Bar in Melbourne years ago and I still think about it.
8. I have a science degree and I majored in botany and environmental science.
9. Now I work in PR and I'm not sure how that happened! I think you just need a bit of common sense and creativity to do my current job really.
10. I don't like to say I work in PR, I think 'communications' sounds less wanky.
11. I'm a perfectionist in some areas of my life and a total slob in others.
12. I'm nearly always late.
13. I'm a little bit afraid of the dark. I don't go outside at night if I'm home on my own. And even sometimes if I'm not.
14. I'm a Virgo and I really think I am a good example of the sign.
15. I have a cat, Stella. She is a very assertive creature (she has 'boundaries') but also very snuggly and I worry sometimes how attached we are to each other.
16. I love a good book and lately I've been reading Jane Austen, Jodi Picoult, Paulina Simons and Marian Keyes.

I actually splurged on a new book today (ok then, two books) as a special treat and I think now's the time to retire to bed and read a few pages. I'll be back to continue....

3 Comments:

At 12:33 pm, Anonymous Ali said...

Ummm, Jilly is now the time to tell you you're not actually 28 yet? (It took me about 5mins to work that out!!) The 100 things list looks fun, might try it!
1) I'm meant to be doing housework but am on the couch procrastinating!

 
At 3:51 pm, Blogger Jill said...

Oh bugger....

 
At 1:33 pm, Anonymous Kathleen said...

My comment was about to be, "You're 27". Only because I'm older than you and I'm hanging on to 27 for a few more weeks yet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home