c

Monday, June 05, 2006

moving right along

After choosing that title I've got the Muppets song in my head. Kermit and Fozzie.... "Movin' right along! Doog-a-doon, doog-a-doon, we'll learn to share the load, we don't need a map to keep this show on the road..."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My workplace moved offices today - it all started on Friday actually, and I helped out over the weekend as well, but we are in our new digs now and I am amazed at how I am suddenly feeling a lot more enthusiastic about my job! Funny how a change of environment can inspire a real change in my thoughts and motivation. The picture above is a sample of the view from our lofty level two offices. Really gorgeous in the morning light and also as the sun was setting tonight.

Today was just a good day - for some reason I felt really valued and part of the team. I don't think it's a good idea to talk too much about work on a public forum like this, but to put me in context a bit, I look after communications and PR for a health and medical research organisation.

Some parts of my job are really fascinating and engaging. Sometimes I really don't like work. Work in general I think, not just my particular job. Perhaps I haven't found the perfect thing to spend my time on - my true vocation. (Sometimes I think my real vocation might be raising a family of my own. But that is a a whole other story eh. And not something I can think about too much.) But for now, work (and life) is about trying to accentuate the positive, be my own cheer squad and get stuck into things. This new vista is going to help I think!

(Unfortunately that mountain view is out the opposite side of the building to me - but I get to check out some really cool chimneys and buildings - and wave to my friend Kathleen across town on the 10th floor! Hi Kath!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:55 pm, Blogger Kali said...

It must be really wonderful to have a 'new' workplace. I can just imagine how it's helped the way you feel about it all.
I worked for the National Archives in Darwin for over 10 years, in the same building and boy had it become a drag.
Anyway back to your view...it looks great, and today was such a beautiful sunny day, I'm sure it looked fab from where you were.
You've certainly got the right attitude about trying to accentuate the positive. Good for you Jill :)

 
At 8:49 am, Blogger littlesnoring said...

I love looking at rooftops - congratulations on the new work environment - I am sure that will help to ride the winter out and then in the Spring and Summer work won't be so bad either....

 
At 9:00 am, Anonymous Ali said...

A view of anything would be lovely! Actually from where I am now I can see outside the closest window and can see a grassy bank and a tree so that's not too bad! Glad you're all settled in the new office, 2nd floor? That's virtually penthouse!

 
At 9:34 am, Anonymous Kathleen said...

Hello!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home