c

Sunday, September 24, 2006

what i had for lunch


Dinner actually. Even though the only book I've ever heard of about blogging is all about how no one cares what you had for lunch, I really wanted to show you this deliciousness which was my dinner. Went for a long drive yesterday and picked up some yummy and inspirational vegies and herbs at a roadside shop. My dinner for the last two nights has been Jill-style bruschetta with really ripe tomatoes and fresh basil, and a big bowl of tiny new pink eye potatoes with slatherings of butter.

So strange how my food moods change and oscillate. Sometimes I really wish I understood my body better - I wonder about hormones and moods and the inner workings which butt up aginst life experience to create such powerful feelings and cravings and desires. Not always this fantastic healthy stuff either - some weeks its all about every different kind of junk food or about not feeling interested in food at all... I mostly wonder briefly about this then put thoughts in the too-hard basket - so strange how I feel so old but also young and like I still don't have a handle on these things that make me tick.

(I've updated my blogroll over there if you feel like doing some browsing)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:05 am, Blogger Em said...

YUMMY!

 
At 12:03 pm, Blogger littlesnoring said...

Yep, I concur - it does look good!

 
At 10:39 am, Anonymous Bel said...

Hey Beans,
looks good! I love Bruschetta. I know what you mean about fixating on foods depending on mood... At the moment I love those little cocktail savs (gross hey!) I got a craving for them when I was pregnant (and couldn't eat them) so I'm making up for lost time...!

 
At 12:38 am, Blogger Pretty Lady said...

I care about your lunch because I love to cook and I look for inspiration. I love your blog, Nice reading you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home