"What the world really needs is more love and less paper work" - Pearl Bailey
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Sunday, September 24, 2006
what i had for lunch
Dinner actually. Even though the only book I've ever heard of about blogging is all about how no one cares what you had for lunch, I really wanted to show you this deliciousness which was my dinner. Went for a long drive yesterday and picked up some yummy and inspirational vegies and herbs at a roadside shop. My dinner for the last two nights has been Jill-style bruschetta with really ripe tomatoes and fresh basil, and a big bowl of tiny new pink eye potatoes with slatherings of butter.
So strange how my food moods change and oscillate. Sometimes I really wish I understood my body better - I wonder about hormones and moods and the inner workings which butt up aginst life experience to create such powerful feelings and cravings and desires. Not always this fantastic healthy stuff either - some weeks its all about every different kind of junk food or about not feeling interested in food at all... I mostly wonder briefly about this then put thoughts in the too-hard basket - so strange how I feel so old but also young and like I still don't have a handle on these things that make me tick.
(I've updated my blogroll over there if you feel like doing some browsing)
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
happy birthday to me
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Things making me happy:
- new magazine
- friends coming down from launnie next weekend
- next weekend we're having a wee housewarming doo
- 10 days til my birthday!
- birthday and housewarming coincide which makes for mega celebration
- finally got into the garden and did some digging and planting
- two work free weekends in a row with my fella (the life of a shift-workers partner) as well as a normalish week
- bought a new hot water bottle (the last one was about the only thing that got lost in the move - I think it is probably int he garage somewhere)
- once we find the old hot water bottle we won't have to fight over this one
- though the fighting over the hot water bottle is kind of fun
Things making me sad:
- our next-door friends are moving house
- work is going to be really crazy this week
- I have lost temporarily lost my moti-bloggy-vation
- noone wants to buy our car and things keep going wrong with it
- dad needs a general anaesthetic and won't give up the smokes
These are pretty darn cute though and make me smile:
...even if they kind of came out scaled for a 2 year old child (that's what you get for ignoring gauge and recommended yarn etc) :-)
Sunday, September 03, 2006
I've been enjoying plenty of it! So much to write about and so few words which come out in the right order.....
(click through this pic to flickr to see some notes - more house pics to come when there are more sunny days to photograph)