c

Sunday, January 21, 2007

blogging: just do it!

Why so hard to sit down and write out a post? I do love the idea of this place but wonder sometimes why I even have a blog in the first place.

I guess I started as a kind of show and tell, after being inspired to take up crafty pursuits by several blogs that I enjoyed reading. That's good fun, and it has kept me motivated to try new things and finish projects I've started. I've found though that my crafty energy comes and goes, and there are so many talented people out there that I often feel a bit intimidated and conversely uninspired to try things for myself!

I have trouble defining my audience - well I think its a very broad spectrum which may be another problem! I know that friends, family, my partner, a couple of (very cool and friendly) work colleagues plus global bloggy friends and anonymous persons visit either sometimes or often.... how much or how little to share?

I don't like to post anything too detailed for privacy's sake, and don't like posting photos of people without their permission, but I do want to be honest and reflective about life.

I have heaps to share and have been very slack... so let me give you some teasers and I'll have to come back and fill you in on the details (you'd better nag me so I don't take off on another bloggy holiday!)... FIRSTLY I made a few Christmas pressies which I have yet to show, one inspired by this person and one by this person :: SECOND I have some advice to ask on natural remedies :: and THIRDLY big adventure in 2007 is a big trip to deepest darkest somewhere... back with the details soon!

6 Comments:

At 8:32 am, Blogger littlesnoring said...

I completely agree, I find the whole blogging thing a very tricky excercise. I really enjoy lots of crafty blogs, and get some great ideas, but posting about my own crafty exploits seems a little weird.

I don't want my blog completely family-focused but that is kinda what it has become. Sorry I am no help, but I feel like we are in the same boat - - it is probably a pretty large boat!

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger chest of drawers said...

Yes, we are all in the same boat...I guess that´s what it´s all about. When you write regularly and let your blog reflect your day to day life then your audience will emerge, whether family focused or craft focused or whatever so just go for it!

 
At 8:53 pm, Anonymous Bel said...

I'm always checking in Beans- seeing what you are up to! Like the pics of crafty pursuits. But I like the privacy of email and long phone calls!

I like the idea of a blog- you can be anyone you want to be!
xoxo

 
At 1:59 pm, Blogger Kali said...

I hear you.
I enjoy reading other people's blogs, mainly because I find their craftiness (the good kind) very inspiring.
The main reason I blog is because it helps me to stop and appreciate the little things that make up my life. It is only a tiny glimpse into who I am ~ because that's all I really want to write about. I have found that the creative side of myself, which I wanted to explore, has come leaps and bounds since I started blogging.
I look forward to seeing the Christmas pressies you made :)

 
At 5:22 am, Blogger Pretty Lady said...

I have visited your blog but I haven't left comments, I guess I have been a little lazy but I am so glad to do it Today. Blessings and keep up your creativity and I think it is ok to be inspired by other bloggers.

 
At 3:39 pm, Anonymous freshness said...

Here is a blog where your opinion is requested: www.netsquared.org. There you will find a space where folks interested in supporting non-profits could currently use your opinions on best projects.

Have fun,

freshness

 

Post a Comment

<< Home