c

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

como vai voce?

Hi chums! Countdown time has come around suddenly and there are only 16 sleeps to go. Wondering what I will get done and what is inevitably going to slide into the nether.....

TO DO
- polish the portuguese
- get the last few vaccinations
- find a good book for the plane
- work out if I can wangle some knitting on board? (30 hours is so long!)
- plant the back lawn and all my mailorder bulbs for springtime colour
- see everyone before I go
- make room in the freezer for the fella's frozen dinners (I won't be able to stock it with 7 weeks worth but some culinary love will make us both feel better)
- make jam from tonnes of frozen apricots (see point above)
- set myself up at work so all the important work is done but they still miss me when I'm gone (wouldn't it be terrible if they figured out they don't need me after all!)

Hmm that all sounds achievable - lets see!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:08 pm, Blogger Em said...

How exciting!

Are you going to be able to blog about your adventures (I, for one, would love to read about it and it would be a great record of your time away!)

 
At 10:34 pm, Anonymous Kathleen said...

Don't worry about the knitting. You won't knit. I took loads to do when we went to England - reading, writing, diary, games, the 1996 equivalent of the dolphins... But I ended up spending the whole 16 hours or whatever it was with the airline headphones on, staring blankly at whatever movie happened to be playing, or in some kind of toxic half-sleep which is worse than no sleep at all. And then I had to drag a Very Heavy Backpack the length and breadth of Her Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, not to mention through Singapore Airport during the stopover (my dad thought if we sat down he might go to sleep and then we'd miss the plane so we had to keep moving). A good book is essential (in a lightweight paperback sense) but don't worry about anything else. Plus, this way you won't have to worry about whether or not they're going to confiscate your knitting needles, leaving you with a half a sock and a ball of wool to keep you amused!

 
At 6:50 am, Blogger littlesnoring said...

Good luck with the list, it seem like a lot to do in 16 days...

 
At 8:20 pm, Blogger Kali said...

make sure that camera is packed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home